Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Marrow Bones


On days when I don't go in search of new eats, I will blog about ome of my past experiences. Here is one of my favorites.

My husband and I were in Las Vegas a few years ago to watch the Jersey Boys at The Venetian. We decided to grab something to eat before the show, finally stubbling in to Emril's Table 10. We glanced at the menu and noticed the appetizer for Marrow Bones! We had never tried them, so we decided to order up. The waitress looked at us a bit weird as she wrote down the order. Skeptical, yet still curious we anticipated the arrival of the meal, a meal my dog would love.

When our order arrived a snapped a quick picture. Proof that this is what we ordered. The picture and this story cannot do the taste justice, for it was the most decadent flavor I have ever tasted. It smelled of beef and spices. Served over the crostinis, it served as a beef butter. Oil, salt, and beef flavors burst with each bite.

To this day I try to remake what I had. Every time I make a beef stew I add in some marrow bones. I cook them slowly and when fully cooked I pull out the marrow, place them on a piece of bread and add a touch of salt and devour each bite. Although not the same a slowly roasting the bones, it is that oily beef flavor that I can't get enough of.

My experience with the marrow bones was so exciting that I don't even remember what my entree was.

No comments:

Post a Comment